You consider yourself the foremost authority on the Correspondence in the Neath.
[Begin your study of the Correspondence with an Expedition to the Tomb of Seven, in the Forgotten Quarter.]
- Actions that raise this quality
See Category:A Scholar of the Correspondence for pages which require this quality (or specific levels of it), or click to show them.
See Category:A Scholar of the Correspondence Challenge for pages which have a challenge based on this quality, or click to show them.
- 1-2: Guest Lecturer
- 3-5: Smouldering Academic
- 6-8: Ecstatic Authority
- 9-11: Cryptophilologist Emeritus
- 12-14: Speaker
- 15-17: Listener
- 18-20: Igneate Eye
- 21: Courier's Footprint
Get started as a ScholarEdit
(There are other, Fate-locked ways of increasing SotC that are not mentioned here.)
- Level 0: Forgotten Quarter: An Expedition to the The Tomb of Seven via The scholar of The Correspondence (+1 CP, up to L1)
- Level 1–2: Carnival: What's that? (+1 CP, up to L3)
- Level 1–6: (Airs) Forgotten Quarter: Look for more evidence of the Correspondence in the ruins (+1 CP, up to L7)
- Level 1–6: University: Learned discourse (+0 CP, rare: +? CP, up to L7)
- Level 1–9: Empress' Court: Somewhat challenging music (+1 CP, up to L10)
- Level 1–9: University: A merry wager (50% luck-based +1 CP, up to L10)
- Level 1–9: (Card) Something perilous from Opening a Bundle of Oddities, via Grab whatever you can carry or The gift of the unexpected (+1 CP, up to L10)
- Level 3-9: (Card) Look Closer from The Skin of the Bazaar (Rare, drawn only in the Bazaar Side-streets) (+1 CP, up to L10)
- Level 5–20: University: Perhaps you can remember something useful (+1 CP, rare: +3 CP, up to L21)
Cards if you finished the University storyline:
- A little package of his work (+1 CP, up to L7)
- Return the squeezebox for some glim (+3 CP, up to L10)
Uses for high Scholar levelsEdit
- Scholar check in Invite guests from the observatory to a symposium from The Sleepless Tower: Disturbances at a Cottage by the Observatory becomes 100% at level 15
- Higher levels improve success rate in Examine it through your Semiotic Monocle from A Pail of So-Called Snow (seasonal) up to 100% for level 10
- Higher levels also improve success rate in Write a monograph on it...in it from A Pail of So-Called Snow (seasonal) up to 100% for a probably impossible level 25
- Having SotC level 21 is one option for gaining London's Nerves, part of the path to becoming a Paramount Presence.