- 1 Fixed storylets
- 2 Opportunity Cards
- 3 Options sorted by favour type
Fixed storylets[edit | edit source]
Now, what to do with them? Perhaps you want to Call in some favours!
- Generally, 1 Favour is worth 420 pence of saleable items - the notable exception being The Flit's storylet.
Opportunity Cards[edit | edit source]
- An Implausible Penance gives several choices for cashing in Favours: Criminals
- City Vices: a Rather Decadent Evening provides an opportunity to cash out Favours: Bohemian
- A consideration for services rendered provides an opportunity to cash out Favours: Hell
- In addition, all favours except Favours: Rubbery men can be used to train stats on Faction Cards
An efficient way to cash in your favours is through conflict cards. These require favours at 5+ in two conflicting factions at once. Most spend 2 favours to gain 8 and Someone is Coming, but there are exceptions. These cards are undiscardable and rather uncommon. Connections with the Widow may also be spent.
- Great Game vs. Church: A contact in the Great Game has a tale for you
- Church vs. Bohemians: The kaleidoscopic church
- Church vs. Hell: Brimstone or frankincense?
- Hell vs. Urchins: The Devil and the Child
- Society vs. Tomb-colonies: Going gentle
- Rubbery men vs. Tomb-colonies: A misfortune at the Carnival
- Rubbery men vs. Revolutionaries: Amber in the well
- Rubbery men vs. Constables: They all look the same to me
- Constables vs. Criminals: Crime or punishment?
- The Widow and Urchins: A familiar face by the school railings
- The Widow and Docks: The Acacia and the Butterfly
- Urchins vs. Docks: Youthful high spirits
Options sorted by favour type[edit | edit source]
Note: The following lists only include notable uses for each Favours type that are both profitable at some point in the game, as well as repeatable. May be incomplete.
- Call on your Bohemian friends to return a favour in The Shuttered Palace gives 210 x Drop of Prisoner's Honey for 1 favour
- Offer the talents of an artist gives 5 x Tribute for 5 favours
- The Demi-Monde: Bohemians Allows you to train your Persuasive for 1, 3 or 5 favours depending on level. (~20 CP per favour)
- Make it clear the Bohemians aren't welcome any more provides 300 x Glim, 10 x Scrap of Incendiary Gossip and Someone is Coming for 2 favours
- City Vices: a Rather Decadent Evening gives wine and Making Waves for 1 favour
- a statue in Ealing Gardens allows you to Call in favours from Bohemians. This gives 2 x Ivory Humerus for 4 favours
- Pursue a Scheme: encourage the wise and the wicked to attend your Salon gives Engaged in a Scheme: a Salon
- An arrangement with the Vicar-General in The Shuttered Palace gives 420 x Foxfire Candle Stub for 1 favour
- '...I have written to the Bishop of St Fiacre's...' in the Tomb-Colonies allows you to spend 1 favour to reduce Scandal by 6 CP
- Offer a plump vicar provides 5 x Tribute for 5 favours.
- You may spend 1, 3 or 5 favours on Altars and Alms-Houses: the Church to train Persuasive (~20 CP per favour)
- Make it clear that no one leaves the Game gains 2 x Extraordinary Implication and 150 x Cryptic Clue + Someone is Coming for 2 favours.
- Secure the artists' work provides 2 x Sworn Statement, 6 x Dubious Testimony and Someone is Coming
- Firecrackers in the thurible! provides 400 x Nevercold Brass Sliver, 7 x Tale of Terror!! and Someone is Coming for 2 favours.
- With a certain statue you may gain 2 x Holy Relic of the Thigh of Saint Fiacre for 4 favours
- A different statue provides 4 x Strong-Backed Labour for 1 favour.
- Yet another statue provides 900 x Whispered Hint and lab research for 1 favour.
- Possibly the same statue provides 150 x Nodule of Warm Amber and lab research for 2 favours.
- Feed a vicar to your plant and spend 1 favour in order to increase Attending to the Needs of a Singular Plant among other things
- Maybe she has become virtuous allows you to cash in 1 favour for 200 x Nevercold Brass Sliver and 250 x Jade Fragment
- A conversation with the Commissioner of Police gives 140 x Fistful of Surface Currency for 1 favour
- A longer conversation with the Commissioner of Police provides 1 x Human Ribcage for 5 favours
- Ask for your good sense and reasoned judgement to be recognised gives a Special Dispensation for 7 favours
- Train Watchful with the constables at Court and Cell: the Constables for 1, 3 or 5 favours (~20 CP per favour)
- Finger a scapegoat provides 3 x Volume of Collated Research, 25 x Proscribed Material and Someone is Coming
- Get word to the Smuggler provides 1 x Extraordinary Implication, 2 x Partial Map, 25 x Proscribed Material and Someone is Coming
- Trade favours with criminals in the Flit gives 1200 x Moon-pearl for 3 favours
- Acquire human remains from the criminals in the Flit gives 3 x Human Arm for 5 favours
- Offer an unrepentant ex-convict who won't be missed provide 5 x Tribute for 5 favours.
- 1 Favour is needed to Seek a thieves' cache
- 5 favours is needed to heist The Balustraded House in Elderwick
- The Alleys of London: the Criminals allows you to train Shadowy by spending 1, 3 or 5 favours (~20 CP per favour)
- An Implausible Penance gives several choices for cashing in Favours: Criminals
- Give evidence provides 1 x Bottle of Broken Giant 1844, 1 x Sworn Statement, 2 x Tale of Terror!! and Someone is Coming
- A grass provides quick release from New Newgate Prison and gains A Turncoat
- Alert the Gracious Widow to these complaints spends 6 favours to reduce In Corporate Debt by 3 CP
- Options on Demander for a day provide Nodule of Deep Amber
- Fencing certain coins provide 20 x First City Coin for 3 favours and a cycle of Counting the Days
- Humbug! provide 220 x Drop of Prisoner's Honey for 1 favour.
- Inquire about a 'special harvest' provide 4 x Knob of Scintillack for 1 favour
- Make use of this new development provide 7 x Ostentatious Diamond for 1 favour
- Receive an offering from the Clay Highwayman provides 1 x Magnificent Diamond and Opening a Bundle of Oddities
- Perhaps she is in danger provides 180 x Shard of Glim and 180 x Nodule of Deep Amber for 1 favour and 30 Jade Fragments.
- A round of well-intentioned backslapping gives 420 x Shard of Glim for 1 favour
- Hire a porter from the docks Spend 3 favours and 50 x Piece of Rostygold for 7 x Crate of Expedition Supplies
- Offer the labour of a zailor Spend 5 favours to gain Tribute
- For 5 favours you may go on a heist in The home of an Admiral's Widow
- By the River's Side: the Docks Spend 1, 3 or 5 favours to train Dangerous (~20 CP per favour)
- Convince the residents to pay their protection fees to the urchins instead Gain 5 x Thirsty Bombazine Scrap, 5 x Whisper-Satin Scrap, Silk Scrap and Someone is Coming for all favours
- Settle in the Widow's favour Gain Jade Fragment, 1 x Favour in High Places, Someone is Coming and a few scraps.
- Work long into the night forging a compromise solution provides 1 x Strong-Backed Labour, 250 x Jade Fragment, Someone is Coming and opening a Bundle of Oddities (up to 60) for 1 favour and connected: The Widow
- Ambush Smugglers Spend 3 favours and Strong-Backed Labour for Making Waves and 750 x Greyfields 1879
- Assist an out-of-work Gondolier Spend 1 favour for 10 x Certifiable Scrap
- Watch a parade to spend 3 favours for 2 x Esteem of the Guild
Hell[edit | edit source]
- On Burning Shadows: the Devils of London you may spend 1, 3 or 5 favours to train Watchful (~20 CP per favour)
- A consideration for services rendered provides an opportunity to cash out 1 Favours: Hell for 180 x Nevercold Brass Sliver and 1 x Extraordinary Implication. Also gives Someone is Coming
- Alert the vicar gives 500 x Foxfire Candle Stub, 5 x Scrap of Incendiary Gossip and Someone is Coming
- Call in favours from Hell with the right statue gives 1 x Brass Ring or 8 x Muscaria Brandy for 2 favours
- Convince the urchin to keep his soul gives 2 x Aeolian Scream and 30 x Maniac's Prayer and Someone is Coming
- Trade favours with revolutionaries in the Flit gives 315 x Proscribed Material, Advancing the Liberation of Night (+1 CP) and Suspicion (+2 CP) for 3 favours
- Train Dangerous on Gunpowder and Zeal: the Revolutionaries with 1, 3 or 5 favours (~20 CP per favour)
- Convince the Revolutionaries to find somewhere else provides 800 x Nodule of Deep Amber, 5 x Nodule of Warm Amber and Someone is Coming
- Call in favours from Revolutionaries with a statue in Ealing Gardens provides 625 x Proscribed Material for 4 favours
- Accept a damp gift on the rubbery faction card Cashes in all Favours: Rubbery men for Nodule of Deep Amber
- Convince the Rubbery Men to move on provides 210 x Proscribed Material and Someone is Coming for 2 favours.
- Finger the guilty party provides 550 x Piece of Rostygold, 1 x Sworn Statement and Someone is Coming for 2 favours
- Save the Tomb-Colonist! provides 1 x Puzzle-Damask Scrap and Silk Scrap for all favours
- Call in favours from Rubbery Men in Ealing Gardens gives 1 x Nodule of Trembling Amber for 2 favours
- Direct your creditors to the Tentacled Entrepreneur reduces In Corporate Debt by 3 CP for 6 favours
- A boon from a Lady-in-Waiting in the Shuttered Palace gives 210 x Bottle of Greyfields 1882 for 1 favour
- Curry favour with the Duchess in the Shuttered Palace gives 50 CP Connected: The Duchess for 1 favour
- Exchange a considerable quantity of Connections for London Street Signs in court gives 5 x London Street Sign and Suspicion (+1 CP) for 3 favours
- '...I have a few friends yet in Society...' reduces Scandal on average by 4.9 CP in the Tomb-Colonies
- Arrange the visit of an respected noblewoman provides 5 x Tribute for 5 favours.
- Assist acquaintances entangled in bureaucracy provides Jade Fragment for 1 favour.
- You may spend 1, 3 or 5 favours to train Persuasive on Park and Palace: Society (~20 CP per favour)
- Break him out! provides 500 x Nevercold Brass Sliver, 6 x Memory of Distant Shores and Someone is Coming for 2 favours.
- Sneak the old gentleman out provides 350 x Cryptic Clue, 100 x Silk Scrap, Opening a Bundle of Oddities (up to ~80) and Someone is Coming
- "The company I keep speaks for me." allows 1 favour to be spent for Making Waves
- Arrange the services of a Titled Surveyor reduces In Corporate Debt by 2 CP for 3 favours
- Pursue a Scheme: encourage the great and the good to attend your Salon allows you to gain Engaged in a Scheme: a Salon for 3 favours.
- You may raise Dangerous on the Bandages and Dust: The Tomb-Colonies card with 1, 3 or 5 favours (~20 CP per favour)
- Discreetly inform the family about the baronet's communication provides 2 x Ostentatious Diamond, 20 x Bottle of Morelways 1872, 250 x Bottle of Greyfields 1882 and Someone is Coming for 2 favours.
- Save the Rubbery Man spends all favours to get 1 x Magnificent Diamond, Nodule of Deep Amber and some other stuff.
- A statue in Ealing gardens allows you to Call in favours from Tomb Colonists to gain 1 x Magnificent Diamond, 5 x Sapphire and 2 x Venom-ruby for 2 favours
- Trade your Collection of Curiosities for five Puzzling Maps and 1 favour allows you to sell a Collection of Curiosities for items worth 65
- Trade favours with urchins in the Flit gives 25 Certifiable Scrap and Opening a Bundle of Oddities for 3 favours
- Spending Favours on The Roof-Tops: Urchins allows you to train Shadowy for 1, 3 or 5 favours (~20 CP per favour)
- Advise the girl to return to the Widow gives Jade Fragment, An Identity Uncovered! and Someone is Coming for all your favours.
- Take the Devil's side provides 550 x Nevercold Brass Sliver and 5 x Tale of Terror!! + Someone is Coming for 2 favours
- Sabotage the cannon provides Rat on a String and Bottle of Morelways 1872 + Someone is Coming and consumes all favours.
- Use a statue to Call in favours from Urchins provides 1 x Puzzle-Damask Scrap and opening a Bundle of Oddities for 4 favours
- With an Orphanage you may Pursue a Scheme: offer some Urchins a place in your Orphanage
- A meeting with one of the Widow's representatives gives 240 x Jade Fragment for 120 CP
- Sneak a sip of the brandy reduces Wounds by 3.1 CP by average for 1.4 CP Suspicion and 9 CP Connected: The Widow
- Arrange for the girl to return to the urchin-gangs gives 2 x Storm-Threnody 5 x Maniac's Prayer and Someone is Coming for 500 CP
- Cheat the Widow With 5 favours: Criminals this provides 2800 x Shard of Glim for 120 CP
- Make an agreement favouring the dock-gangs provides 1 x Puzzling Map, 1 x Strong-Backed Labour, Opening a Bundle of Oddities and Someone is Coming for 500 CP