Unlocked with one of:
- A mahogany-framed mirror
- Nightmares 8 and 1 x Memory of Light
- Nightmares 8 and Having Recurring Dreams: Is Someone There? 10
Main Quality: Nightmares
Music: Irrigo Below
A waking dream - memories of light or A waking dream - is someone there?
A hot, orange sun hovering low in a real sky. Tangles of green foliage and the sounds of nature; little tickings and chirpings. Here and there, though, are man-made shapes and shiny surfaces; straight lines and right angles - empty frames.
- You have moved to a new area: The Mirror-Marches
A familiar darkness
You look away from your reflection in the mirror, to the familiar darkness of the Neath above and around you. Where have you been? Lost for a moment in a reverie, watching yourself in the mirror? […] You struggle to remember the details.
- You have moved to a new area: your Lodgings
- You've lost 1 x Memory of Light
- Having Recurring Dreams: Is Someone There? is dropping… (-10 CP)
- Wounds is increasing… (+1 CP)
Note that you can leave the Mirror Marches either by reducing Nightmares to zero, whereupon A familiar darkness is triggered; or Step through the mirror in the A familiar scene? storylet. The former costs less in actions and dreams loss, but returning to sanity from the state of some confusion is much more perilous overall.
Regular Storylets available at The Mirror-MarchesEdit
All items (10)