Introduction[edit | edit source]
Your relationships to the many factions of Fallen London are governed by several qualities. For most factions these are Renown, Favours and Closest To. For a small number of special factions the key quality is Category:Connected. Note that these qualities are distinct from Social Influence, which tracks your relationship to other players of Fallen London.
- Favours are the primary game-play mechanic. They are gained when you perform actions that are viewed favourably by the faction and are lost when you either displease the faction or cash in on your favours. Favours are very profitable but are capped at 7. See Raising Favours and Calling in Favours (Guide) for more details.
- Many factions are in a natural conflict with each other. If you have 5 favours of each of the opposing faction you can draw non-discardable Conflict Cards.
- Renown is predominantly a role-playing quality. It is harder to raise and it never decreases. Its principal game function is to unlock Renown Items although it does open up other options as well (e.g. A merry sort of crime). Low levels of renown can be gained at Mrs Plenty's Carnival. Later, Renown is raised primarily through one-off storylines and by cashing it Favours using Faction Items.
- For the few factions that have not been converted to the new system their Connected quality combines the functionality of Favours and Renown. See Raising Connections.
- Closest To is also primarily a role-playing quality. Corresponding Faction Cards need to be drawn to get (or break) Closest To with a certain faction.
List of Factions[edit | edit source]
- Faction: Bohemians
- Faction: The Church
- Faction: Constables
- Faction: Hell
- Faction: Society
- Faction: Tomb-Colonies
- Faction: The Widow
- Faction: Criminals
- Faction: The Docks
- Faction: The Duchess
- Faction: The Great Game
- Faction: Revolutionaries
- Faction: Rubbery Men
- Faction: Urchins
Independent[edit | edit source]
Faction Items[edit | edit source]
These are items which allow you to increase your Renown/Connected qualities by sacrificing Favours and certain items. All items needed to pay such costs are available at the bazaar, but some are available otherwise as well. For more details visit the Raising Connections guide.
Faction items can be bought at the Bazaar (or gained elsewhere) and most of them can be sold for either 250p or 500p less than their purchase price making them good investments for certain endeavours. However, there are, of course, exceptions.
For factions using Connected qualities, faction items can be repeatedly used when you have Connected 10–19 with a faction. This takes three actions and gives 75 CP in exchange for 150p worth of items (2p/CP at 25 CP/action). For factions using Renown qualities, the conversions are more complicated and depend on your current Renown level.