Game Instructions: You can gain Making Waves in a wide variety of places, including publishing Short Stories; using items like Incendiary Gossip; and inviting friends to social events in your Lodgings.
Wiki note: Your level of Making Waves is halved every week when Time, the Healer arrives.
See Category:Making Waves for pages which require this quality (or specific levels of it), or click to show them.
Typical Making Waves grindsEdit
See Making Waves (Guide) for further details.
- Using "I have long puzzled over..." to convert Extraordinary Implications into Cryptic Clues on Mutton Island then converting them back up to Extraordinary Implications gives 2.1 CP per action if the Connected: Summerset is gained via farming candles with rousing hymns, converting those to Abominable Salts, then Directing a small grant to Summerset College. This estimate does not count time spent at zee since that approaches zero the bigger your batches of implications to convert are.
- Inviting guests to a Salon or Orphanage will give large boosts in exchange for Engaged in a Scheme: a Salon or Engaged in a Scheme: an Orphanage, respectively (100-850 CP, depending on the option)
- The cross-conversion carousel will on average give 21 CP per 13 actions (1.62 CP per action).
- The life of the mind at Court reliably gives 1 CP per action.
- Some item conversions give a (sometimes considerable) boost. Examples include
- Inviting an acquaintance to coffee (1 or 2 CP per action)