For Tier 1 professions you then have to wait for the desired Faction Cards to show up.
Tier 2 and 3 professions are selected from An Unsigned Message.
|Enquirer|| +250 CP Watchful|
500 x Whispered Hint
|Minor Poet|| +250 CP Persuasive|
500 x Jade Fragment
|Pickpocket|| +250 CP Shadowy|
500 x Moon-pearl
|Tough|| +250 CP Dangerous|
500 x Piece of Rostygold
|1||Campaigner|| Feckless Supporters (Companion)|
(Dangerous +6, Persuasive +6)
| The Campaigner's reward ( 37.5 + Favours):|
1 x Favour in High Places
|2||Mystic|| Circle of Acolytes (Companion)|
(Persuasive +9, Dangerous +9, Respectable +1)
| The Mystic's reward ( 50):|
|3||Glassman|| Set of Cosmogone Spectacles (Hat)|
(Persuasive +12, Dangerous +12, Bizarre +1, Glasswork +1)
| A Glassman's Penny ( 60):|
|1||Enforcer|| Burly Assistant (Companion)|
(Dangerous +6, Shadowy +6)
| The Enforcer's reward ( 34 + Favours):|
1 x Favours: Criminals
|2||Murderer|| Discreet Firearm (Weapon)|
(Dangerous +9, Shadowy +9, Dreaded +1)
| The Murderer's reward ( 50):|
|3||Licentiate|| A List, Writ in Gant (Weapon)|
(Dangerous +12, Shadowy +12, Bizarre +1, Kataleptic Toxicology +1)
| The Licentiate's Bounty ( 60):|
|1||Journalist|| Little Red Notebook (Weapon)|
(Persuasive +6, Watchful +6)
| The Journalist's reward ( 32.5 + Favours):|
|2||Author|| Appreciation Society (Companion)|
(Persuasive +9, Watchful +9, Respectable +1)
| The Author's reward ( 47.5 + Favours):|
|3||Correspondent|| A Pot of Violant Ink (Weapon)|
(Watchful +12, Persuasive +12, Bizarre +1, Artisan of the Red Science +1)
| The Correspondent's Accomplishments ( 60):|
|1||Rat-Catcher|| Ratting Piece (Weapon)|
(Dangerous +6, Watchful +6)
| The Rat-Catcher's reward ( 37.5 + Favours):|
|2||Stalker|| Perspicacious Lurcher (Companion)|
(Dangerous +9, Watchful +9, Respectable +1)
| The Stalker's reward ( 50):|
|3||Monster-Hunter|| A Notched Bone Harpoon (Weapon)|
(Dangerous +12, Watchful +12, Dreaded +1, Monstrous Anatomy +1)
| The Monster-Hunter's Labours ( 60):|
|1||Trickster|| Loathsome Imp (Companion)|
(Shadowy +6, Persuasive +6)
|The Trickster's reward ( 38.09 + Favours):|
10 x Brilliant Soul
1 x Storm-Threnody
1 x Dazed Raven Advisor
1 x Lucky Weasel
599 x Jade Fragment
1 x Stolen Kiss
1 x Thirsty Bombazine Scrap
5 x Maniac's Prayer
1 x Bottle of Broken Giant 1844
1 x Favours: Hell
1 x Favours: Urchins
|2||Conjurer|| Horrid Imp (Companion)|
(Shadowy +9, Persuasive +9, Bizarre +2)
|The Conjurer's reward ( 50):|
10 x Aeolian Scream
2 x Blackmail Material
|3||Crooked-Cross|| A Crooked Cross (Weapon)|
(Persuasive +12, Shadowy +12, Dreaded +1, Mithridacy +1)
|The Wage of a Crooked-Cross ( 60):|
4 x Blackmail Material
3 x Bottle of Muscaria Brandy
13 x Infernal Contract
|1||Watcher|| Revolting Disguise (Hat)|
(Shadowy +6, Watchful +6)
|The Watcher's reward ( 37.50 + Favours):|
1 x Blackmail Material
1 x Favours: Constables
1 x Favours: The Great Game
1 x Antique Mystery
100 x Moon-pearl
8 x Dubious Testimony
3 x Sworn Statement
|2||Agent|| Memento of a Struggle (Weapon)|
(Watchful +9, Shadowy +9, Dreaded +1)
|The Agent's Reward ( 50):|
10 x Presbyterate Passphrase
10 x An Identity Uncovered!
|3||Midnighter|| Shrine to Saint Joshua (Home Comfort)|
(Watchful +9, Shadowy +9, Dreaded +1, A Player of Chess +1)
|The Midnighter's Currency ( 60):|
4 x Favour in High Places
3 x Thirsty Bombazine Scrap
50 x Stolen Correspondence
Less Entangled ProfessionsEdit
|2.5||Tutor||6000 x Penny|
|2.5||Undermanager||6000 x Penny|
|3.5||Doctor||7000 x Penny|
|3.5||Notary||7000 x Penny|
|4||Echoist||?||Watcher? Journalist? (By process of elimination, most likely Watcher)|
|4||Laocoonian||?||Rat-Catcher (Laocoon fought two giant god-sent serpents, follows Monster-Hunter)|
|4||Oneironaut||?||Campaigner (follows Glassman into Parabola/dreams)|
|4||Speaker||?||Journalist? (speaks the language of the Correspondence)|
|4||Strangler||?||Enforcer or Rat-Catcher (hired violence) (By process of elimination, most likely Enforcer)|
|4||Unbishop||?||Trickster (follows Crooked-Cross in the counter-church)|
Advanced Professions and Lab / Parabola ContentEdit
A significant amount of late-game content has been introduced to Fallen London in Spring 2020, mostly concentrated around two particular areas: the Parabola (and the Parabolan Base-Camp) and the Laboratory. Players with Tier 3 Professions have specific advantages, depending on the Profession, in pursuing particular activities in these places.
- gets a +1 bonus to Glasswork from his Set of Cosmogone Spectacles. This skill helps to navigate in Parabola, making it easier to locate new areas and pursue monsters.
- can establish the Parabolan Base-Camp for 300 Memories of Light + 25 Echo worth of other items as opposed to 500 for other players (a one-time saving equivalent to 100 Echo)
- each consequent visit into Parabola costs Glassman only 50 Drop of Prisoner's Honey as opposed to 100 for other players (a saving of 1 Echo)
- gets a +1 bonus to Kataleptic Toxicology from his List of Aliases, Writ in Gant. This skill helps to Disambiguate Eoliths in Lab and increases chances to heal in Parabola by eating Parabolan Orange-apple. It also can be used in the Lab to generate 4 x Kataleptic Toxicology units of Laboratory Research when researching Formula for Perfumed Gunpowder.
- gets a +1 bonus to Artisan of the Red Science from his Pot of Violant Ink. This skill can be used in the Lab to generate 4 x Artisan of the Red Science units of Laboratory Research when creating a Mirthless Compendium of Statistical Observations.
- can establish a Laboratory for free, without paying 1 Justificande coin, 1 Primaeval Hint and 1 Cellar of Wine as other players have to - a one-time saving equivalent to 75 Echo plus some actions required to obtain the Coin.
- furthermore, can expand his Laboratory from 2 to 3 workbenches for free, without paying 1 Judgements' Egg - an additional one-time saving of 62.5 Echo.
- in addition, Correspondent can get 30 Laboratory Research + 1 x Equipment for Scientific Experimentation at the start of any Research project in the Lab, a notable early boost.
- gets a +1 bonus to Monstrous Anatomy from his Notched Bone Harpoon. This skill helps to hunt denizens of Parabola and can be used in the Lab to generate 4 x Monstrous Anatomy units of Laboratory Research when researching the remains of his prey.
- gets an additional opportunity to wound his Parabolan quarry during the hunt, further simplifying it.
- gets a +1 bonus to Mithridacy from his Crooked Cross. This skill helps to create Corrective Historical Narrative and Revisionist Historical Narrative in the Waswood in Parabola (though these items currently have no recorded uses). In addition, it can help to manage ones' Student Complaints in the Laboratory.
- has an additional option during the mid-game when playing Chess at the Moonlit Chessboard.
- can obtain Rumours of the Upper Rives from A Familiar Bohemian Sculptress in The Bone Market. However, the item currently has no recorded uses.
- gets a +1 bonus to A Player of Chess from his Shrine to Saint Joshua. This skill is required to play Chess on the Moonlit Chessboard.
- in addition, it's easier for the Midnighter to find The Chessboard and he has access to several additional actions there.
- playing Chess is unavoidable for the players pursuing the Ambition: Bag a Legend!. For other characters, it might be useful as a source of Justificande Coins.
At the moment the roles Correspondent, the Glassman and the Monster-Hunter seem to be more advantageous when exploring the new content. Other professions have less useful or quite situational benefits.