This is a sub-location within the University, after having obtained access to a laboratory from one of the University's Deans. This requires having a good standing with the university. Any cards that have been drawn earlier are retained.
See Category:University Laboratory (Place) for cards or storylets that are found in this place or location.
See Category:University Laboratory (Place) Moves for actions that change player location to this location.
See University Laboratory (Guide) for a player-created guide to this location.
Unlocked with Your Own Lab
Main Quality: Watchful
- Card deck: Cards - University Laboratory (Place)
- The deck in this location is unlimited. You do not need to wait to draw a new card.
- The hand size in this location is always 3, regardless of your Lodgings.
- When you leave this location to a location with a limited deck size your deck will refresh your deck to its maximum capacity.
Because it only takes 2 actions to enter and leave, the Laboratory is an excellent place to perform deck-refill-based grinding.
Wiki note: You cannot trade items with the Bazaar, nor use items in this location, despite the rest of London being just outside. Many of the cards can be discarded.
Managing Lab FacilitiesEdit
- Improve Your Equipment: Upgrade the Laboratory story quality.
- Adjust the Staffing of your Lab: After achieving any non-zero level of The Prestige of your Laboratory
- Manage the Students in your Laboratory: After graduating the first Shifty Student
- Leave your Lab: Return to The University (this refills the card stack).
- Leave your Lab: Return to The University (this refills the card stack) or go to the Reflection of your Laboratory
Conducting Scientific InvestigationsEdit
- Begin a Scientific Investigation: When not working on any project.
- Assess your Progress regarding the (Project Name): For progress on the current research project.
- Abandon your experiment: Abandons the current project. Any invested effort is wasted.
Training of StudentsEdit
- Train your Shifty Student
- Train your Meticulous Student
- Train your Gifted Student
- Train your Profound Student
- Train your Visionary Student
These storylets allow you to remove experts from your lab. All can be re-hired later, although after completing Ambition: Bag a Legend!, April is more complicated to re-hire.
- Dismiss Mother Superior:
- Dismiss April:
- Dismiss the Numismatrix:
- Dismiss the Grubby Urchin:
- Dismiss the Mercy
- Have a firm conversation with the Freeloading Artist
- Dismiss the Esurient Smith
- Dismiss Hephaesta
- Dismiss Cora Bagley
- Consume Darkdrop Coffee: This was introduced to let players use Darkdrop coffee, and because drinking coffee in a lab would be believably possible.
If Wounds, Nightmares, or Scandal reach level 5 or higher, a non-discardable card is added to your deck for each of the aforementioned qualities. However, the player is not sent to menace location if any menace reaches 8.
The University Lab also has an additional menace called Disgruntlement among the Students. Reaching level 4 will add a non-discardable card to the deck. Reaching level 6 adds a card which fires immediately upon being drawn.